Sunday, December 21, 2008

Costume Parties.

I love parties. Especially if decent free booze is provided.

Costume parties could be fun too.

Especially if they provide decent free booze.

There's some party happening tonight and I'm supposed to dress up according to my assigned alphabet.

But being the poor corporate slave that I am, I have nothing to wear and no money to spend!!!

How ah. How to come up with a costume with NO BUDGET?

Had the initial idea of going as a Starbucks Barrista. So went to an actual Starbucks outlet to ask if I could borrow an apron for the night. "no" they said. "company policy". Fine, stingy pokers. Give you free marketing at a blogger party where there will definitely be tonnes of free exposure because every other blogger has a camera, and every single blogger has a blog, also you don't want. What to do? I will not five up! I will try to go through proper channels the next time, should there be a next time. I would even volunteer to take up classes if they needed me to. Oops. I shouldn't have blogged this out loud. Now other smart alecs are going to try and steal my idea. I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN IF YOU DO.

So, a little dissapointed, Plan B had me running around Orchard Road for an hour to acquire props for my costume.

Wanna try guessing what I'm going as?

P1000528

See you there. :)

Answer: I went as a Shopaholic (assigned alphabet was S- that's why the Starbucks barrista), but the shopping bags were empty. I wished they weren't though. :(

18 comments:

  1. shopaholic!!! *hic* have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT WAS MY IDEA>>> NOW I HAVE TO HUNT YOU DOWN!!! credit was DUE, hmmth.

    FA: Credits to Bob for giving me the awesome idea. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you said you had no money, so all those bags are empty right? Of course Starbucks won't give you an apron, they're not a charity. Shopaholic was a good guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi nice to meet you last night~ Did you get those paper bags from the shops or you/ your friend actually bought things there?Curious leh! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, a Shopaholics. Those are props lah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i thought you were gonna come as a paper bag. hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, no, you guys, those bags are for all the free drinks she can carry for us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey friend! nice site U have here! care 2 xchange links with me? pls let me know.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. are those paper bags only?.............if there are merchandise inside.....i can smell RM30,000 worth of goods there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol...itd be funny if u went as a big shopping bag ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. since you considered going as a barrister, your alphabet should be B? bimbo? hahaha :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shopaholic? You look so refreshed the next day with your coat and all. Damn professional. Pardon French. Only language I speak when intoxicated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello shopaholic! haha. merry xmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. homeless person? ;)

    Merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. totally hawtt dancer of the nyte!! XD

    ReplyDelete

I disclaim all comments.